Diaspora API Dev Progress Report 6

Today I didn’t get as much progress as I had hoped on the API but still important work was done.   Yesterday I discovered that something was probably off in the way that the repository rebasing was done when I did it about a week ago.  Today I confirmed it.  Working with Benjamin Neff (SuperTux) I was able to figure out a path forward for correcting the problem.  While the git commands are pretty straight forward, me being comfortable that I’ve done it correctly is another matter so I did the process three times in a row. Each time I looked at the corresponding git log afterward and did a three way diff of the API branch head before the new rebase, the API branch head after the rebase, and the main Diaspora develop branch.  I may end up doing it a fourth time (or reconfirm this last time anyway) before doing a final push after talking with Frank about it.

After getting past that I spent the other half of the time making actual progress on development.  Thanks to Dennis Schubert’s (DensChub) efforts we were able to make some progress on some API questions I had.  After that I made changes to the respective implementations to make it consistent.  Then I went back to the Posts Endpoint testing.  I completed the full GET path happy path testing for simple and fully filled in posts (text, photos, polls, mentions, and location).  I now have to add in failure path testing on the GET, and the corresponding test harness methods to complete that and move on to posting and deleting Posts.



Picture of Me (Hank)

Categories

Updates (124)
Journal (115)
Daily Updates (84)
Software Engineering (78)
Commentary (66)
Methodology (57)

Archive

2019
2018
2017
2016
2015
2014
2013